Digital Tutors - Creating Atmospheric Depth for Illustrations in Photoshop
English | Audio: aac, 44100 Hz, stereo
MP4 | Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x720, 15.00 fps(r) | 681 MB
Genre: Video Training
We will begin this process by learning what atmosphere is by looking at some real life examples and discuss how light interacts with atmosphere. From there we'll study some other examples of atmospheric effects such as misty and foggy conditions as well as sunsets. Along the way we'll explore how we can incorporate these different atmospheric effects into an illustration.
As we'll see, adding atmosphere to an illustration can strengthen the depth and perspective of the scene along with reinforcing the visual direction of the composition. By implementing the concepts we cover about atmosphere in this course, you'll be able to push the visual depth, direction, and appeal of your own illustrations.
1. Introduction and project overview
2. Examining examples of atmospheric depth
3. Painting layers of atmosphere on our illustration
4. Examining examples of fog and mist
5. Transforming our scene into a foggy atmosphere
6. Examining examples of sunsets
7. Transforming our illustration into a sunset scene
8. Painting in the sun, light plume, and water reflection